Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mother Nature Did Not get the Memo

She must have been out with Jack Frost or Old Man Winter, but she certainly was not at her desk to see the pages turn on the calendar and the date say AUTUMN 2010, at least not around here in Central New Jersey anyway.  It is and has been hot and humid.  I should not complain though, in a couple of weeks I will be heading to Florida to visit my sons and their families for a long weekend while they tour the new Harry Potter Park @ Universal and the adults  will also go to the Universal Haunted Halloween Horror Nights!  I will be very content that day/evening staying at the hotel with the younger grandchildren doing our thing!  So, I guess this hot weather will be in keeping with Florida’s weather.

We did have a few cool days which I spent working in the yard.  The squirrels decided to make my sunflowers their dining room and climbed up the stalks to eat the seeds, breaking off the pedals and snapping the stems, so I had to cut them all down and turn them into mulch.  I must have angered them because they then went after my pumpkins!  They tried gnawing my two Casper pumpkins, but then went on to eat all the small pumpkins and the stems, so that was the end of that!  I brought in the two Casper pumpkins  which survived and they sit happily upon my kitchen table!  They could not take away the memory I have building the raised bed in which to plant them with my grandsons while they were here over the summer. 

I have been busy painting inside and moving things around in the living room and kitchen .  I moved the black table I had in the living room into the kitchen, painted chairs I had and moved them into the dining room and moved those chairs in the kitchen.  I moved the white kitchen table into the family room, a nice little place to sit and play a game or when I am using my notebook computer or even have a little meal.

P1030622

I hope that everyone has had a wonderful summer and now we have the holidays to look forward too and many, many more happy memories to be made!

Happy Autumn,

Martha

I have included a link to my Picturetrail Autumn Photo Album.  Too many updates to list on my blog, I hope you enjoy viewing and thanks for looking!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=22885421&uid=11931777

No comments: