Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Today was a very special day!

When I went to get my mail today there was only one thing in the mailbox, it was a tiny package addressed to ME! I looked at the return address and when I saw who it was from I could not wait to open it, in fact I almost slipped on the ice at the end of the driveway! This surprise gift was from a very dear person, who is not only very talented when it comes to making quilts, doll clothes and ornaments, BUT, her heart is filled with such kindness and sweetness, her name is Eileen and this is her blog Eileen's Attic. The surprise gift were the two precious doves that you can see in the center of my indoor wreath. I wish the photo could do them justice, they are so precious. I ran from tree to to tree trying to find the perfect spot for them and then I looked at my indoor wreath, where they hang front and center and will not have to compete with other ornaments! They look so pretty with this wreath, which has pears and berries almost identical to the print of the fabric. I so wish I could get a great picture of them. I love them, they look so pretty, Eileen, THANK YOU! I shall cherish these forever and I will not put them away after Christmas, I always hang a wreath on the inside of my front door, so they will find a home there!
Thank you for making this a very special day!

3 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Hello Martha! It's so nice to meet you! Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to say Hello. What a treat indeed it is to receive a surprise from a special friend, the little birds are lovely! Merry Christmas to you! Janet :)

ctlogcabin said...

Hi Martha ~~ Merry Christmas to You and Your Family. I will be back when I have some time to take a trip around your Blog.
Thanks for stopping by and saying Hello.
Blessings & Hugs ~ Connie xox

Eileen said...

Hey.. they do look perfect in the center of your wreath! Wonderful. I am so glad you like them. The fabrics did remind me of you and your raggedies.