I found a "home" for my cupboard that I refinished last week. At least for now it will "live" on top of my pie safe in the kitchen! I put my old glass jars and bottles on the top and left the inside empty. . .it will make it easier when I decide to move it someplace else, down the road! I am really pleased with the results and though I was hoping for the wood to show after stripping it I love the original creamy white paint. I plan on painting my pie-safe, I think!
♥♥♥♥♥On Sunday my husband and I went to browse in antique shops. We had lovely weather and it was nice to take a short drive and do something special. I found a few treasures.
- Fabric-a yard of each for $1.00 each, perfect for making my Raggedy Ann Style Doll dresses.
- A small white platter-Buffalo China-maybe once upon a time it was used in a restaurant for serving- I ♥ it!
- A small cream pitcher-I have a small collection of them.
- Stone/glass grapes-I have a print in the dining room and will be using these with my stone apple and green pear to make an arrangement like the print. I also have stone/glass strawberries which I did not photo because I forgot I had them! The gold pear is made of wood, I have had that for ages. I will not use it for the little arrangement.
- And a large redware plate with a yellow heart in the center-perfect for my kitchen. It found a home on the buffet table in the eat in area of my kitchen-I love how it looks with my large wooden crow.
I have a lot I should be doing right now, I have a doll to photo and list on eBay and another one started! And, of course, the never ending job of housework. I wish everyone a wonderful day, and if life gives you lemons today, make lemonade because sometimes life is not always a "bowl full of cherries"!