Saturday, January 24, 2009

Finished!


While watching the inauguration I worked on and finished my flip/flop penny rug mat. This is the side with the heart for upcoming Valentine's Day. I do not really decorate for Valentine's Day, but I have a few quilt hearts and some heart shaped candles that I put out on the antique dresser in the front hall. Wait, that sounds like decorating to me! Maybe it is more like setting up a little vignette, but no matter, I enjoy it and I am happy with my first attempt at making a penny rug. I am also happy that I can flip it over and use the other side once I tire of the heart side. The colors are red/black/grey and brown. I am going to make something a bit larger, not sure yet what it will be, but I am thinking of making a larger mat for the dining room table.

My husband and I went out to lunch and then shopping. I wanted to go to an unfinished furniture store, but when we pulled into the parking lot the store was no longer there, in its place was a Benjamin Moore paint store! I want to have my bedroom painted and I love Benjamin Moore paint so that is where I will go to buy my paint (wait until DH reads this!)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.




3 comments:

Carla said...

That turned out very pretty!

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Martha,love your penny rug..what a great job you did on it.That teddy bear is cute to... Thanks for sharing with us!

Blessings,Shelley

Eileen said...

Beautiful job!!