Saturday, July 5, 2008

Summer Time and the Living is Easy!


I cannot believe how time is flying by! My last post was on Mother's Day and I missed posting for my second son's birthday which was on May 16th! He was visiting family in Florida and I was preparing for my visit with my grandsons. He flew back home and brought the boys back with him. They will be going back home late July. Time just seemed to go by so fast.

You can see my grandsons in the video being little boys just out enjoying summer in my backyard, what can be more fun on a hot day than playing in a sprinkler. This is my first summer with both boys, I thought it would be difficult, but not one bit, they both are so sweet and fun to be with and they enjoy each other's company too.

They arrived in New Jersey on June 13th. We then went down to Florida for a fun and fast 3 day visit to Universal with my son Geoff (whose birthday will be July 13th) his wife and my granddaughter Micaela and little grandson Ash.

Geoff and his family are flying up to New Jersey on July 10th and on July 12th we will be driving to Vermont for an old fashion family vacation. We are staying at a quaint little cottage called Poebe's, a charming renovated little white capecod house ( http://www.neverenoughvermont.com/) where I have stayed before in the town of E. Craftsbury. We plan to take day trips to see the sites. I love Vermont, when we arrive I feel as if I left the rush of New Jersey behind and just enjoy the beauty the State has to offer. We will take day trips and visit different areas. I want to go to Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, Vermont Country Store, the town of Stowe and Montpelier and on the drive up we always stop at Yankee Candle to browse around. We plan to have picnics at Caspian Lake in Greensboro, this town boast of having the oldest general store in Vermont. It is a really old fashion store that carries all the wants and needs of a Vermonter. (http://www.vaics.org/vaics-greensboro.html)

I love spending time with my grandchildren and hopefully this will create fond memories for them of their summer with their grandmother, or Grandmartha as three call me and the little one calls me Gamma! Both are music to my ears!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer so far! Enjoy your days, your family and all the season has to offer.
Martha


1 comment:

Eileen said...

Grandmartha is SUCH a cool name. It sounds like you are really having a wonderful summer. And it all goes so fast.
Hope you enjoy your vacation in Vermont. Maybe you won't come back.