Monday, May 10, 2010

Treasurers

For Mother’s Day I went on a treasure hunt, sort of!  After I finished what I had to have done around the house I got ready and went to a local antique/junk shop to browse around.  My hubby was doing work in the yard, we had so many branches which were broken because of the winds and a large part of a tree fell.  The weather went from Spring to Late Fall, the wind the last few days had been so strong and the temperature drop to nearly freezing at night.  OK, back to my topic…I wanted to go out and since he was busy I went on my own.  I enjoy that because I can take time to look at everything at least a dozen times.

While pulling aside some “junk” I happened to pull a large wooden carved angel, she is only a head and wings.  At first I put her down to try to get to the item I wanted to see, but the more I looked at her the more she grew on me, so she had to come and live here.  There was something about her that drew me in and I am happy I did buy her, a bargain at $8.00!  She now hangs in the front hall above a chest of drawers and some my “heart” items and my beloved tiny teddy bears.

My daughter gave me a beautiful hanging plant and my son gave me a gift card to Home Depot, I love shopping there as much as some women love going to the Mall!  I am not a Mall person but can spend hours looking around Home Depot!

Mother's Day Gifts 002

I also found a pewter creamer and two pewter candlesticks (I have been on the watch for some for a long time now, at a price I could afford!).  I found a bright yellow bowl to add to my bowl collection, the bowl is a much darker yellow than what it looks like in the photo.  I also found a small framed silhouette.

Mother's Day Gifts 003  Mother's Day Gifts 004

Mother's Day Gifts 011

After I put my treasures away it was time to fire up the grill and have a cook out.  We were not able to eat outside since the wind and temperature were not agreeable, but nevertheless the food was yummy and I had the best company one could ask for, MY FAMILY.

This week I want to do a bit more gardening and we await the start of our new deck.  Now, I just need Mother Nature to cooperate around here so my flower beds start to bloom!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

WOW 8.00 was a bargin!! I have one just like this purchased in a MA antique shop.....much more money. Mine hangs over the window in my bathroom. I love her because she looks like a childhood friend of mine.

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Great finds! I really like the pewter and the yellow ware bowl.

Carey