Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy 2010!  Wow, where did 2009 go, it seems like just yesterday it was 2009.  I remember thinking about all the plans I had for 2009 and they all seem as if they just happened yesterday.  Christmas flew in and out just as quickly and now we shout out Happy New Year and welcome 2010! 

My Christmas was so special this year.  My son and his family flew in from Florida.  There is nothing more special than having young ones/little ones around during the holidays.  I spent more time watching the goings-on and did not take very many photos, but the memories are printed deep in my mind.  I hope that I can have this again along with my other son and his family, maybe I can wish hard enough and it will happen.  I did wish that my granddaughter would have snow for Christmas and that wish was granted, she really enjoyed playing in the snow, a Sunshine State girl loving the cold winter winds!

It was fun having more family around.   The day after Christmas they went with my daughter and her boyfriend to NYC to see the tree and all the sites and sounds of the holidays that NYC has to offer.  It was a cold/wet day, but they enjoyed seeing the sites.  They took my granddaughter, who is quite the artist,  to the MOMA to see the art work.  Maybe one day she too will have her work exhibited!

A few photos of my special Christmas 2009.  Next time I post I will share with you my wonderful gifts, but none will ever be as special as the gift of family.  Happy 2010 one and all!

Little Welcome gifts the day they arrived.

Geoff and Family visit for Christmas 001

Geoff and Family visit for Christmas 015

Geoff and Family visit for Christmas 007

Decorating Christmas Cookies!

 

Opening  his stocking!

Christmas Day 2009 and Day After 003

 

Opening her stocking!

Christmas Day 2009 and Day After 001

And laying his finger aside of  his nose and giving a nod up the chimney he rose, and I heard him exclaim as he drove out of site, Happy Christmas to ALL and a Happy New Year from our home to yours!

I promised my grand children I was going to try and get a picture of Santa going up the chimney after leaving gifts!

Geoff and Family visit for Christmas 029

4 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Martha,you have a beautiful family and I can sense what a blessing it was to have them there with you for Christmas...love that picture of Santa's backside..smile....wishing you and yours a very blessed New Year....

ctlogcabin said...

Martha ~~ Beautiful Family photos & memories, Im so happy for you that they were able to visit for Christmas.
Wishing You a Healthy New Year.
Hugs ~ Connie xox

My Colonial Home said...

What a beautiful Christmas you had - nothing better than having family home for the holidays.
How fun to have snow for them!!!!
Happy New Year Martha
Karen

Martha said...

Martha, thanks for stopping by! Your home and family are beautiful! I can't believe how many Martha's I have met since blogging. 2 in FL, 1 in CA, and you in NJ. I think there is another one too... I get them confused! I worked in Central NJ (Bedminster/Bridgewater) for several years.