Saturday, April 12, 2008

The smell of freshly mowed grass!


For most Spring started a few weeks back, for me it started yesterday. . .the first day I mow the lawn signals Spring for me. It is a bittersweet feeling, I long for the warm weather and my flower gardens to bloom, but come the middle of July when it is getting hot and humid I am already starting to feel tired of mowing every week. Out comes the mower and my garden tools and off I go feeling as if I cannot do this again and again and again but before I realize it I am almost finished and I look at what I have done and the yard is transformed into a peaceful park like setting, the grass looks like a plush green carpet and the flower gardens appear to be an old colorful quilt spread out for a picnic and I am feeling so proud that I was able to go out and push that lawnmower and more importantly that I have a home with a yard to mow and I thank God for giving me these gifts and his blessings.

No comments: